Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Grey Bruce, perfect trails, perfect tails!!!















Recently I accompanied Taera on a trip to the Grey Bruce region of Ontario. She was doing a story for the show, and I was driving the truck. Really, its a sweet gig. I just drive to a location, unload the sleds and ride. Then, at the end of the week, I get paid... dang eh!This trip really turned into an adventure for a number of reasons. First, we decided to go on a groundhog hunt... seeing as how Wiarton ON, is located in the Grey Bruce region and Wiarton Willy is a groundhog. It made sense at the time anyway. Needless to say, with the help of our local contact Brian Plumstead, we found him. 

And, according to eyewitness reports, he's a big fan of Yamahas Nitro. I was not surprised to hear he did, in fact see his shadow and we'll be having 6 more weeks of winter. Apparently he wants to ride more.

Next, Taera was doing some winter camping for a night so me and the boys took off for an epic ride on some of the best trails ive ridden this year. Chris Hughes, Bill Tennison  and I all ended up at one of the many Club Houses in the area, which, on this particular evening was hosting a wing night. Now, just so were clear... this is a big deal. Id estimate over 100 sleds outside and easily 120 people inside. We came, we ate wings, we ripped it up. Thats all I have to say about that. 

Before I sign off for the night I really have to make a point of saying that I was extremely impressed with every inch of the Grey Bruce Regions trails.  Sure, we hit some bumps, I even cartwheeled my Nitro in a field. 
But the bumps were pretty small the and field incident was all my fault. Over the 3 days we were in town I put on over 300km. This is an area id go back to in a heart beat... maybe next time ill even get to ride with Willy... who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment