Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Saying goodbye to an amazing athlete

Even though I didnt know him, I felt sad about the death of Jeremy Lusk yesterday. I follow freestyle motocross a bit and always watched for Lusk to take things bigger and more difficult every year. I guess, that caught up with him when a double grab backflip when wrong and the resulting crash left him with massive brain and spinal cord damage, which eventually lead to his passing on monday. 
The motorsports world is a small one and all of us involved are affected when something bad happens to someone in our community. Sometimes that means we have a chance to look at what we do for a fun or for a living and take a moment to realize what the consequences of what we do can be. 
My prayers go out to Jeremy's friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment