Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do 3 E-Tec's make a 3-Tec?




So the goal for today was simple. Shoot the ride footage and component shots for a co-operative test ride between Taera and I on the 2009 Ski-Doo MXZ 600 E-Tec and E-Tec Renegade. Sounds simple right. Let me tell you my friends... nothin is simple when you've got monkeys like us doin the work. 
First, Taera decided it would be a good idea to lock the short track E-Tec in her trailer and loose the keys. Not a big deal. Just cut the lock... with no bolt cutters. Solution 2, cut the lock off with a Sawzall... not gonna happen. So, finally, I ran home, got my Makita cordless grinder and chopped that sucker into little pieces. BAM!! Trailer is open! Luke = 1, Lock = 0!!
Then, we headed out on the trail. Things were going smoothly. Lots of test ride footage was being recorded by the ever intrepid Camera Guy Doug.
Then... it happened. We passed a section of trail I have ridden by a million times and we have shot almost as many. A cliff on the side of the trail. Maybe 15 feet tall, straight down to the trail. Ive looked at that cliff so many times and though... "I bet I could drop off that" but Ive never done it. Today was different... today was the day. 
So, I fired up my Ski-Doo MXZ 600 E-Tec Renegade, picked my way through the trees to the top of the cliff... took one look and just drove off. Needless to say... it went well. Nothing broken, no problem. 
After that we continued on shooting more test ride footage. Then we hit the lake. It was all powdery and smooth... just gross. I had to do something about it. So, it was time for some pow turns. Pow turns are great... everyone love them. As Ron Burgundy would say "drink it in... it always goes down smooth" and so do pow turns. 
The rest of the day was filled with other stuff. We didnt break anything. So thats good. 
Make sure you stay tuned to Snowtrax TV to see the full review of Ski-Doos MXZ 600 E-Tec.
Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment