Sunday, January 25, 2009

Serious E-Tec thoughts.


Yesterday I was riding the Ski-Doo MXZ 600 E-Tec Renegade and I just happened to be flipping through the digital gauge and saw that the sled has over 1700 miles on it So, I flipped through the gauges of the other 3 E-Tecs we have between Snowtrax and Supertrax and found out that each of them has between 500 and 1500 miles. Combines, they have about 4500 miles. So far not ONE has giving us even a minor problem. They all start and run perfectly every time, even at -35, which was the temp here all week last week. 
As I was riding I got thinking about how much I really like the Renegade. Most of the miles on this particular sled are mine. Throughout the day I was switching back and forth between the Renegade and the TNT, both E-Tecs and I was critiquing how I felt about each of them. Overall, Ive decided that I just, plain and simple, REALLY love the MXZ Renegade, Adrenaline Package, E-tec. I just love that sled. Its warm, its really fast, it starts and runs PERFECTLY every time. It rides amazing, handles spot on and is extremely comfortable to both sit on, and ride for 145 miles, like I did yesterday. 
Just a note: it was -24 when we left in the morning and -18 when we got home. We rode 145 miles through 4 different clubs trails. Some were great, and id like to send a big THANK YOU out to the crew and volunteers from the HCSA (Haliburton County Snowmobile Association) for the amazing trails. They were near perfect all day. Considering that we met 201 sleds in 145 miles (I kept track all day) and their trails were still perfect, they deserve alot of credit.
Some of the trails we rode were the worst ive ridden all year. This is where the Renegade really showed how comfortable it is, no matter what the conditions.
Part way through the day I stopped on the trail along side my dad, Mark, of Supertrax Magazine. We had been switching back and forth all day. My comment was something to the effect of the Renegade being a lazy mans snowmobile. He asked me what I meant and I simply explained that for me, the Renegade allowed me to ride faster, more easily, for a longer period of time while keeping me more comfortable than almost any other sled ive ever ridden. We switched off and about 40 minutes later we stopped again and he agreed. 
Now, I could choose to ride just about anything I want this season. And I have put big miles on a number of other sleds. Some ive like, some ive very much disliked. But, on this day, on these trails, the E-Tec Renegade was doin it just right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment